booksopeningdoors

A Wonderland Packed in a Novel

I love books, art, and photography. My favorite genres are mystery, thriller, and young adult. http://booksopeningdoors.tumblr.com

City of Glass
Cassandra Clare
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Holly Black
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Ann Brashares
The Moving Finger
Agatha Christie
Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)
Ransom Riggs
Agatha Christie
Holy Bible: King James Version
Anonymous

The Diary of a Young Girl

The Diary of a Young Girl - B.M. Mooyaart, Eleanor Roosevelt, Anne Frank The Diary of a Young Girl contains the diary entries of Anne Frank while hiding during the World war II.

Anne Frank's family lives in Germany and were forced to move to Amsterdam for safety. They hid with the Van Daans and Mr. Dussel in the "Secret Annexe", a top of an office building where Otto Frank's (Anne's father) workers work.

To pass time, Anne reads different books and writes in her diary (named Kitty). She records various happenings in the Secret Annexe, from quarrels with the Van Daans to her times with Peter in the attic.

They hid for more than two years (1942-1944) until their hiding place was discovered and they were arrested. They were transported to different concentration camps until each had to face death. Otto Frank, the only survivor, went back to Amsterdam after the war, found Anne's diary and decided to publish it.

I enjoyed reading the book because I can relate to Anne Frank as a young person who is often misunderstood by everyone. I also admire Anne's courage and firmness of character, and learned many things from her. Anne Frank is a truly remarkable person from whom even older people can learn.