booksopeningdoors

A Wonderland Packed in a Novel

I love books, art, and photography. My favorite genres are mystery, thriller, and young adult. http://booksopeningdoors.tumblr.com

City of Glass
Cassandra Clare
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Holly Black
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Ann Brashares
The Moving Finger
Agatha Christie
Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)
Ransom Riggs
Agatha Christie
Holy Bible: King James Version
Anonymous

Catching Fire

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins This is most possibly the WORST (or best depending what you go on) cliffhanger I have encountered in all my reading days.<---- She's right.

Despite the cliffhanger, I would say that I like love this book better than the first one. Catching Fire is very suspenseful and exciting, and it made me really nervous while reading it that I literally felt my heart beating really fast. However, unlike reading Harry Potter, I had the difficulty picturing the book scenes in my head. Nonetheless, overall the author did a fantastic job of writing this book.

In addition, I would like to include in this review some of the lines that I wouldn't forget ***MINOR SPOILERS***:

“Then I get it, what it means. At least, for me. District 12 only has three existing victors to chose from. Two male. One female... I am going back into the arena.”

“We had to save you because you're the mockingjay, Katniss," says Plutarch. "While you live, the revolution lives.”

And finally, the last line, which made me jump (the cliffhanger I'm talking about):

“Katniss, there is no District Twelve.
*gasps* :O